Malai Paneer – Recipe
Hello guys and welcome to glittersallthat.com, today I am here to share something totally new, I have always shared skincare and makeup posts on my blog but since it’s a lockdown and we all are busy with our hobbies so am I.
I love trying out new recipes and love to cook so I thought of sharing this recipe with my lovely readers, here I am with a quick, easy and very scrumptious Malai Paneer Recipe.
Now, this recipe is a perfect blend of malai( fresh curd), spices mixed with paneer which makes it mouthwatering.
So let’s jump to the ingredients and all the instructions for cooking it.
Preparation Time -20min
Cooking Time – 25 min
Serves – 4 Servings
Ingredients for Malai Paneer –
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese – 200 gm
- Malai / Fresh Curd – 2-3 tspoon
- Fresh Boiled Milk – 3/4 Cup
- Salt / Namak – As per the taste
- Red Chilli Powder / Lal Mirch – 1 tspoon
- Turmeric Powder / Haldi – 1/2 tspoon
- Coriander Powder / Dhania Powder – 1 tspoon
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tspoon
- Tej Patta / Bay Leaf – 1
- Badi Elaichi / Black Cardamom – 1
- Hari Elaichi / Green Cardamom – 1
- Laung / Cloves – 2
- Tomato / Tamatar – 2 (In puree form)
- Onion / Pyaj – 2 (Long chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste / Adarak Lahasun Paste – 1 tspoon
- Cashew / Kaju – 5-6 (Coarsely powdered)
- Kasuri Methi / Dried Fenugreek – 1/2 tspoon
- Ghee – 2 tbspoons
- Oil – 1.5 tbspoons
- Coriander / Dhania – Garnish
Direction to cook / Method –
- Cut thick pieces of paneer, you can keep the size of paneer as per your choice but don’t cut into very small pieces. Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan and shallow fry the paneer in it. Drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat the 1.5 tablespoons of oil in a pan on the medium flame. Now add the bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom and cloves. Add long chopped onion and saute it until it turns light brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and tomato puree in it and saute it for a minute.
- Now add red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala to it. Saute it for about 2-3 minutes until the gravy leaves the oil you can add a little bit of water to make it boil.
- Now add coarsely powdered cashew and fresh curd in the gravy and saute it for about a minute.
- Now add milk and paneer in the gravy and saute it for a minute add dried fenugreek in it and cover the lid.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes and turn off the flame
- Transfer the paneer in the serving bowl and garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with paratha, naan or chapati.
Recipe Notes –
- You can escape bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves and cashew if you don’t have it at home.
- But I would suggest if you have all these spices and dry fruit do add it, it will enhance the taste a lot.
I hope you like the recipe do cook it and share your feedback.
I will soon be back with something new. ♥♥♥